Updated: Dec 26, 2019
The expedition starts on January 20th in Algeria! We are thrilled to announce that we are ready and looking forward to commencing our search for those people who are really changing the world around us.
Our preperations included learning new cultures, languages, traditions, history, obtaining equipment, quitting jobs and much more.
Of course, you can learn a lot from books, but reading and going are two different stories.
That was prooved when we went to Mount Elbrus - the highest peak in Europe as a test of our skills.
The Eastern side of the mountain is one of the most difficult ones - no elevators, no huts, 20 kg behind your back, no place to hide from the sheer terror of the snow.
And it is July!
My recommendation for preparing for such an adventure:
- Sleep well for a mounth before the mountain
- Eat well for a mounth before the mountain
- Cut out alcohol for a moutnh before the mountain
- Run a 10K at least once prior to departure
- Have a stable metal health
- Be honest and optimistic with yourself.
And then you will be prepared to do literally everything. Here is a video with some tips on how to get to the top.